Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yawn



I'm not surprised at all Favre signed with the Vikes today. In true JUGGERNAUT form I called it last Wednesday.








Here's my post from 8/12/09:

BOLD PREDICTION: Favre still signs with Vikes.

As soon as he sees Sage throws a bad pass he'll be on the phone with good old Buzz Cook.

1. He left the door open with his last round of shenanigans.
2. His football juices will be flowing watching the pre-season games this weekend.
3. He wanted to skip as much camp as possible
4. Childress spent all off-season fantasizing and drawing up plays. I don't care what the Vikes brass said, they will still take him
5. You know it's killing him right now that he hasn't gotten a mention EPSN or the NFL network in the past 2 days.
6. I've seen Tavaris throw a deep ball, it's not pretty

As a Bear fan, I hope he comes back. I think Sage is a better fit there and I would love to see the boys put him on the ground a few more times.



The Vikings have a fantastic defense and excellent skill players. I think they are an 11 - 5 team with or with out him. I think because of his name and surrounding cast he will be a borderline pro-bowler. Sure there will be some high light reel plays where he dumps it off to Percy and he takes it 60 yds for a TD. He'll also throw some stupid picks. From a fantasy standpoint I expect to outperform Ben Roethlisburger, Eli Manning and Tony Romo.
I'm looking forward to him bringing his sorry ass to Chicago 12/28 and wanting no part of the frigid Chicago winds howling off the lake. I hope the division is on the line as he makes his typical Favretastic play and throws a pick 6 to Lance Briggs ending the Vikes division title hopes. You don't get to play all your games in a dome champ. Favre is 1-5 in his last 6 vs. the Bear, where he was outscored 140 - 63. I like our chances vs a gunslinger with a rusty old pistol.

No comments:

Post a Comment