Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Don't call it a comeback!



Sixth of fourteen in my personal power rankings but 1st in my heart, my flagship Juggernaut team has come roaring back after starting 3-7 to finish the regular season 11-7 and make this week's championship game.

Thinking I got three first round talents in Brees, S-Jax, & Westbrook I felt great about this team's chances. Starting slow at 3-7 I was pretty bummed about this team knowing the core was strong and it had a good chance to compete.

Even with 46 other teams in various leagues and contests I NEVER GAVE UP.

Seeing a deficiency in my WR3 slot I bid a big chunk of my FA $ money on Kevin Walter. My $34 bid won Walter with someone bidding $31 for him.

What seemed like a bone head move two weeks ago could prove to be the most important move I made. With O Daniels out for the season and Houston's upcoming schedule (6/6 likely in good weather) Walter is lined up for a big second half:

11 TEN @HOU
12 IND @HOU
13 HOU @JAC
14 SEA @HOU
15 HOU @STL
16 HOU @MIA

I think I have the ingredients to cook up something special for the play-offs.

2 Elite QBs in Brees & J-Cut
2 Work Horse RBs in S-Jax and Mendy, Westbrook, McCoy and Donald Brown off the bench
#1 overall WR in V-Jax, the most consistent and underrated player in Welker, and a lil' firepower for my WR3
#1 and #2 TEs in Clark & V Davis
A nasty & filthy PIT Defense that will be #1 after a few of the upcoming tomato cans they have on the schedule.
A couple of good kickers in Folk & Elam operating out of domes

Mix well

Anybody want to see a team start 3-7 and win $1,000,000? I know I do.



For you youngsters that don't understand the picture at the top of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment